Last weekend Hubby and I went to Solihull for the Stampin’ Up! OnStage Local event which is held twice a year. Demonstrators who attend get a copy of the upcoming catalogue and play with some of the new products.
For the event I made 50+ swaps and I got to swap and chat with lots of demonstrators. I came home with a bag full of swaps that I can use for inspiration.
For my swaps I made Ribbon Scissor charms with the Shrinkles Shrink Art sheets, these are great fun to play with. They reminded me of when I was at school and I used to put crisp packets in the oven to shrink them and make key rings and badges with them. Did you do that too?
When I stamped the scissor image from the Crafting Forever stamp set I found the best way to get a crisp image (pun intended) was to stamp off first and then stamp on the shrink art sheets. The 2 stamped images at the top of the photo below shows the ink started to bleed and the bottom image is when you stamp off first. I coloured the scissors with the Basic Black and Basic Grey watercolour pencils.
Before you say it yes I know I’m mad, I did fussy cut more than 50 pairs of scissors. I used a handheld punch to punch the holes in the scissors so that I could attach a jump ring. I placed them onto a baking tray and put them in the oven.
After about 15-20 seconds they started to curl and shrink, I stood in front of the oven mesmerised.
I had originally planned to use the Ribbon in the Ribbon of Courage stamp set and die-cut it but after shrinking one of them with my heat tool the ribbon was still far too big. I tried the bow in the Holly Berry Happiness stamp set and it was the perfect size. I stamped the bows and coloured them with watercolour pencils and sharpies and then punched them with the coordinating Holly Berry Builder punch. I added a hole for the jump ring before putting them in the oven. This time hubby and I both watched them curling and shrinking.
I attached the charms to a jump ring and attached this to a hinged lever back earring.
I made a matchbook to hold the charms and 2 Milka chocolates. I used the sponge brayer and various colours to colour some of the Merry Music Speciality Designer Series Paper. I haven’t used the sponge brayer before, it was definitely a lot quicker to colour the 12″ x 12″ sheets of DSP. The chocolates are adhered to the matchbook with glue dots.
On the front of the matchbook I used the Everyday Label punch and the Banner Triple punch to make a label and it also helped to keep the matchbook closed. For the sentiment I used the Christmas in the Making stamp set for some of my swaps and the Brightly Lit Christmas stamp set. I added some Rhinestones to the label and the matchbook.
At OnStage I was given a copy of the new Spring/Summer catalogue and the Sale-A-Bration brochure. We also had 4 make and takes using some of the new products. At the end of the event the box containing the products we used for the make and takes was passed around the table and we each chose something out of the box until the box was empty. I am really looking forward to playing with my new goodies. I so love being a demonstrator, my job is amazing.
I had an amazing time at the weekend meeting up with friends I hadn’t seen for a year and making lots of new friends too. I can’t wait until the next event in April, it will be just before my birthday.
If you enjoyed todays project subscribe to my blog and you will receive an email notification when I have a new project to share. You will find the subscription link at the top of the right-hand column.
Have yourself some crafting fun.
Click on an image below to enlarge the photo.
The products used to make todays project are listed below.
*When designing a project or when I CASE a project I always use my cheap cardstock to make a prototype before making it with my Stampin’ Up! cardstock. I do check the measurements I add to my blog posts but when typing lots of measurements mistakes can be made. When making any project I recommend making it first with cheap cardstock before using your best cardstock.*